Sex definetly isn't the greatest thing ever, but it's not like it's a real danger either. If you're smart, you'll wear condoms, or get tested for STDs first.
Printable View
Sex definetly isn't the greatest thing ever, but it's not like it's a real danger either. If you're smart, you'll wear condoms, or get tested for STDs first.
IRT OCB(1)
<font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">I admit I didn't, but it's a matter of education and religion, not sex itself.Quote:
"good for couples to stay together and live happily"
Really?! You don't know our teenage pregnance problems.
<font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">Most people will agree that sex is an important part of a relationship. Many married couples divorce because of they are unsattisfied in bed. As for children, why? Why is it a bad thing to have descendants? I know it's expensive, and kids are kind of a pain if not educated properly, and even if educated properly, but still, it's a fullfilling experience most people want to have in their lives. Socially, it's very postive. New people will fund and help YOU when you are old, and they will spread your culture and keep it alive. If you don't reproduce, your population will be replaced by foreign people with foreign cultures, and "all your United Kingdom will be belong to them". We have this problem in Spain as well, and I seriously hope everyone starts having more children or else...Quote:
"stay together and live happily"? Bullshit! These days, having a child is a bad thing.
<font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">I never meant such cases; I meant the case of an average family where parents keep together and raise their children together, which is a much more common case.Quote:
"good for the children of these couples"
Are you sure it's good for children to have parents that haven't even finished school? What about those parents who can't bother raising their children, either putting them up for adoption or just ignoring them?
<font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">Of course it's good for economy. More people = more needs = more sales = better economy = stronger country. Not to mention they'll pay your stuff with their taxes when you can no longer work.Quote:
"good for economy"
What? More people to work in jobs that get you nowhere? Children that have crappy parents have crappy lives later. I've seen it happen all to often.
<font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">Oh my g[h]od, you completely took my words out of sense here! It's not like you live in Africa! The UK is far from overpopulated. I never meant underage pregnancy either. Nor bad education. What I meant by "preserving your culture" is the typical English redhead, or the Scottish who plays the bagpipe and wears nice clothes in traditional acts. It would be sad to lose that, don't you think so? (I do, and I'm not even British!) I think Europe is world's most important cultural center, and most of our customs and cultures are nice and should be preserved, never to be forgotten. And by the way, "sex" != "having children".Quote:
"good for preserving your national culture"
A culture of overpopulation?! Of underage pregnancy?! Of fucked up children who have no fucking logic?!! Thank you very much.
<font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">No problem [img]smile.gif[/img]Quote:
*Re-reads post* Wow, i got a bit passionate there.
IRT OCB(2):
<font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">Quote:
Yea, but people tend to think that it will never happen to them. It really pisses me off.
<font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">Then you have an educational problem. You should add about 6 hour sexuality classes per year in schools, and tell kids how it works, how it should be done, what will happen to them if they don't use condoms, how STIs work, etc., and also use the media. Besides, if any "accident" should happen, don't you have the day after pill to stop it before it's too late? (It's not to be used instead of condoms, it's to be used in case of an "accident", as I said.)Quote:
Sadly, due to STIs, people also think that using this tool means they don't trust each other.
<font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">Remember, "sex" != "having children". And if people get unwanted children, it's their fault for being stupid, not sex. Correct that sentence if you want. Make it be: "Sex is amazing if practiced safely".Quote:
Wiseman's constant "sex is amazing, it's the greatest feeling in your life" really annoys me. I'm not prudish or anything, it's just he ignores the dangers of the unborn children of growing up as bad people.
Oh and I think the greatest feeling in your life is love, not sex. Sex is the greatest physical feeling.
<font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">Absolutely illogical. At least it never happened to me.Quote:
Yeah, but the point seems to be that after they've played games, they don't want to have sex.
"but it's a matter of education and religion"
Oh, we have education alright. Every year, we have a sex week in school. All the teachers were willing to do the week too. Any religion problems are over in Ireland, with the roman catholics (and they are more into punishing non-believers).
"Most people will agree that sex is an important part of a relationship. Many married couples divorce because of they are unsattisfied in bed."
I agree with that first bit too. But the main reason that people divorce is that their love is gone. Most couples stay together only until their last child is at least four years old. This is a psychological thing. Back in the stone age, a human could fend for itself when it is four, and a primal instinct of animals (including humans) is to breed. Therefore, most couples back then would raise one child, then the male will move to a new mate.
That instinct still lies in our minds, and will (sometimes) effect married couples to divorce. I can explain why some couples will stay together if you want (feel i'm saying a bit much).
"I meant the case of an average family where parents keep together and raise their children together, which is a much more common case."
Although thats becoming less common. Out of about 5 friends i can think of right now, 3 of them have divorced parents.
"What I meant by "preserving your culture" is the typical English redhead, or the Scottish who plays the bagpipe and wears nice clothes in traditional acts."
*in a thick british accent* I say, you seem to be thinking of those celts. Most Brits tend not to have red hair, it's the same in most countries. Besides, our culture lies much more in our buildings and humour. We have a style of our own which flows in our blood. It can't be pinpointed.
*off accent* (Do you know how tiring it is to do that?)
"Then you have an educational problem."
Like i said before, we know tons of info about the dangers of sex. We know every STI. We know about pregnancy. We know all the forms of contraception. We know what to do if we get an STI or pregnant. We know everything. It's just that no one listens.
Sex is as bad as drugs, possibly worse. If misused, it can be bad for more than one person. You have these stories of rape and child molestation on the news all the time. You have stories of people being killed for having sex outside of marriage. So-called "pro-life" people who are willing to murder doctors who abort pregnances and possibly save the mother and child from major problems.
All this problems stem from sex. While in many cases happy families are made, there are still many cases of unhappy families being made as well, and sometimes people getting killed for it.
It's all fucking stupid.
[Message deleted. Reason: 1.3.6 Flaming]
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 20, 2003 06:30 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>
IRT OCB:
<font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">Trust me, I know well that sex is an important part of a relationship, and that good sex is a necessary (NOT sufficient) condition for most relationships to work.Quote:
"Most people will agree that sex is an important part of a relationship. Many married couples divorce because of they are unsattisfied in bed."
I agree with that first bit too. But the main reason that people divorce is that their love is gone. Most couples stay together only until their last child is at least four years old. This is a psychological thing. Back in the stone age, a human could fend for itself when it is four, and a primal instinct of animals (including humans) is to breed. Therefore, most couples back then would raise one child, then the male will move to a new mate.
<font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">Yeah, I noticed this happening a lot outside Spain. And this is ***REALLY*** a pity. I feel for the children of divorced couples, who have to live with one of their parents and rarely see the other, who have to bear with trials and separation at such a tender age, who are influentiated by one parent against the other, used as a judicial tool, et cetera. Not to mention the valuable love of couples that is lost and forgotten. I think people should think twice before marrying, and think twice before divorcing, because of this, for the sake of themselves and that of their children.Quote:
"I meant the case of an average family where parents keep together and raise their children together, which is a much more common case."
Although thats becoming less common. Out of about 5 friends i can think of right now, 3 of them have divorced parents.
<font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">LOL, of course, I wanted to use the extreme stereotypes just for the example. BTW, I really like the celtic culture, and I might have some celtic genes as well, as most of my family is from the north of Spain, which was also celtic in the past (We have bagpipes and all too. My father played them years ago.).Quote:
"What I meant by "preserving your culture" is the typical English redhead, or the Scottish who plays the bagpipe and wears nice clothes in traditional acts."
*in a thick british accent* I say, you seem to be thinking of those celts. Most Brits tend not to have red hair, it's the same in most countries. Besides, our culture lies much more in our buildings and humour. We have a style of our own which flows in our blood. It can't be pinpointed.
<font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">Then it might be because of the way it's teached. Maybe some skillful media utilization would help. Some kids learn it better if Donald Duck (under 10 years) or some random hippie (over 10 years) tells them how it is.Quote:
Like i said before, we know tons of info about the dangers of sex. We know every STI. We know about pregnancy. We know all the forms of contraception. We know what to do if we get an STI or pregnant. We know everything. It's just that no one listens.
<font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">LMAO. That's like saying talking about the weather is as bad as murdering, possibly worse. I can't believe you can write that sort of thing without feeling bad yourself.Quote:
Sex is as bad as drugs, possibly worse
<font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">If misused, planes are the worst think in the world! Think about 11-S. Let's forget about planes and stick to ships! Besides, drugs are ALWAYS bad for more than one person, but this was already discussed in another thread.Quote:
If misused, it can be bad for more than one person.
<font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">And you call that "sex"? The same "sex" I could have? Raping and similar is not having sex, it's being just a son of a bitch. Same thing I said about planes.Quote:
You have these stories of rape and child molestation on the news all the time.
<font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">And you have stories of people being killed because of what was supposedly a game, so let's ban games! (And BTW, thousands and thousands of times more people die because of drugs than because of sex.)Quote:
You have stories of people being killed for having sex outside of marriage.
<font size="2" face="Verdana,Tahoma">Yeah, and look at the world, full of sadness and murder... it's so stupid... I know, let's nuke the world!!!Quote:
It's all fucking stupid.
----
IRT Xellos: LOL, and I agree
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 11, 2003 07:16 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>
uh huh... well in my case i could play games all day and still be able to do it... i mean cmon its not like games consume that much energy
Yeah, but the point seems to be that after they've played games, they don't want to have sex.
About Sex being one of the best feelings in life, i agree, but sex, as many other things, must be done with mind, besides the body. Using a condom prevents much more things than unwanted pregnancy. In that meaning, i admire that Xell, who has an active sexual life, uses condom, and don't think it is a useless thing.
"Have sex carefully, is your responsibility"
[Message deleted. Reason: 1.3.6 Flaming and 1.3.7 Drug encouragement]
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 20, 2003 06:38 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>
[Message deleted. Reason: 1.3.6 Flaming]
<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ September 20, 2003 06:35 PM: Message edited by: -Wiseman- ]</font>